Monday, April 24, 2006

Things I love about Sri Lanka















the climate - the warmth always puts me in a better mood than the cold

the food - hoppers, string hoppers, crab curry, prawn curry, proper buryiani, do I need to say any more?

playing carrom

the landscape - the colour and texture always fascinate and capture me. It just looks more colourful than the UK. The grass always seems greener!

the attitude - I love to experience the laid back attitude, but I know I would struggle to live in it

Colombo - Can't get enough of it

the rhythms - the drumming and the traditional music

the wildlife

Kandy - its heritage, traditions and ambience

the background noise

I know i've missed about a million things, please feel free to add by commenting.

5 comments:

sittingnut said...

there is nothing like it.
you are right about the greenness.
every time i come back here i am struck by the color green. its more brilliant than anywhere else. its a combination of light,weather, and of course the plants.

Anonymous said...

Kottu roti

Rhythmic Diaspora said...

There is also something about Galle Road that I find heartwarming. As if it is the backbone of the Country.

Thanks for reading

Horus said...

Big matches
Half witted cops
Arrack
Butter fried cuttle fish at SSC
SSC

G said...

Devilled cashew nuts and garlicky bombay mix.

The best Chinese takeaway from Gihan's/Chinese Dragon.

The sea lapping against the shore on the road to Galle.

The hustle and bustle of an ordinary adventure, e.g. going to get something from the shops turns into a mission when you factor avoiding sleazes, stray (possibly rabid) animals and other occupational hazards into the mix ;)