Thursday, September 20, 2007

Bored and missing Colombo

So I'm back, well sort of.

Hanging around at home with one eye that is currently about as effective as a Sri Lankan Minister's son in a "Let's win the ex girlfriend's heart back" competition.

The eye that was operated on is slowly healing, which means I'm peering through a misty cloud that's slowly clearing. I can't drive yet, I can't spend much time on the laptop or watching TV because the eye starts to cry, not because I'm sad or a girl or anything mind.

I'd love to be hanging around Colombo now, just absorbing its sights and sounds and wallowing in its atmosphere.

Then I was wondering if i might tell you all the intimate details about the laser surgery, about the burning smell, the clamp on the eye, the water being poured into it, all that sort of stuff. Mmmmm.... I wonder.

I guess I'll do some serious drum practice, there are songs to learn and solos to be played around with after all.

Maybe I'll think of some things to blog about, even interesting things, there's a radical thought..

7 comments:

Angel said...

Hey, glad to see you back so soon? May I confess a teeny-tiny longing to hear about the laser, the irrigation and other stuff? Good that the eye is clearing up... lookin' forward to more posts soon... happy drumming!

T said...

not because you're sad or a girl or anything...

enTRpy said...

Great to hear that the surgery went well. Hope your eye will stop crying soon :D

Anonymous said...

Think T's a bit miffed with that comment! Glad to hear the surgery went well....are you sure you don't want to move to Colombo?;D

Lady divine said...

Good to know that your surgery went well.. but do take great care of thy eye...:-)

Indyana said...

Get well soon!

T said...

N- haha i am NOT. i was just amused. i say it all the time: dont whine like a girl, you fight like a girl etc :)

RD come back already!