Wednesday, January 2, 2008

London and Lanka

Here I am back in London after seeing in the New Year in Edinburgh. To all you Scotophiles I have to say that I was only joking about the kilts. No way do they look as good as a smart fellow in a sarong, but I guess they're ok. For girls.

And I've got back and have had a chance to see what's been going on in the Sri Lankan blogosphere, and in Sri Lanka itself. Lo and behold. Bombs, or a bomb, in Slave Island, Mervyn getting his arse a little bit whipped and the GoSL has pulled out of the ceasefire agreement. The year is young and these things have only just happened.

Someone asked me what I'd wish for in the New Year. I thought about it and cogitated, even thought they say it makes you go blind.

Forget things like world peace, an end to global warming and fewer Eastern Europeans in Edinburgh.

Peace in Sri Lanka would do nicely for me.

But somehow I think that might be a bit too much to ask for.

1 comment:

Ian Selvarajah said...

Not looking good for peace in SL unfortunately...

http://www.reuters.com/article/latestCrisis/idUSL02289913