Sunday, March 23, 2008

Hot In The City

Joy of all Joys, here I am bunging out a quick post while sitting in the Barefoot garden. I decided to take a quick four day Easter break to see Colombo and I couldn't be feeling more chilled and more relaxed.

The city's hot and the streets are empty, as all have gone outstation. It's a bit of a ghost town but that's ok for me. I've never seen it as quiet as this and there's an eerie stillness to the streets, particularly at night.

Rumour has it that there's snow, or sleet, in London. I've got a cold beer, some musicians setting up due to kick out some chilled jazz vibes for the afternoon and I DID make contact with Java and we have set a date of sorts for tonight.

Later I might even check out the Powercut Circus and Stigmata gig.

Life can be so cool sometimes!

5 comments:

Confab said...

colombo can tug at the heart strings at the most unexpected times. if it's one thing we know to do right, it's to take life easy!

glad ur having fun out there:)

Anonymous said...

You still here?

Anonymous said...

Hey,U are sitting in Colombo during Easter. Ah...U are a lucky man, I am in the middle of a desert in EASTER and need I say anymore.

Rhythmic Diaspora said...

David - No, not really. I'm currently at the airport sitting in the Coffee Bean waiting for my flight.

Scrumps said...

It is snowing in London! Sucks!