Friday, March 13, 2009

Absofuckinglutely Astounded

Greetings and thank yous, millions or at least hundreds of thousands of them, for the posts and the wishes.

I'm sure to write more tomorrow but have to change and go for a party soon.

I'll just tell you this. About an hour ago I was in a hawker market on Orchard (in Singapore). I rejected the numerous types of noodles on offer, the fish testicles and the strangely looking rubbery things that looked like rejects from a condom factory.

Yes, it was all rejected in favour of mutton buryani.

I sat, I ate and I thought of you lot in Sri Lanka, who read my blog and whose blogs I read, whose photo blogs I admire so much.

This can only be a quickie as, I'm sure you'll understand, I have to ring K in London and tell her off for bullying A on Facebook.

Thank you. I am truly a little bit emotional. Not like a girl mind.


RD

7 comments:

Times Eye said...

Congrats man...

Anonymous said...

I think it's a sign R. Remember what we talked about? It's a sign :)

-Gyppo

ViceUnVersa said...

Best wishes and congrats!

Mutton Buriyani...

Custard.

Lady divine said...

It's the least we could do...:)

samanalee said...

congratz RD!!

love your blog.. usually the first one I check every day :-)

keep writing... Best wishes!

Anonymous said...

would have loved to write a post but just couldn't...just my state of mind at present! Suffice to say that I would have mentioned that even my kids read your blog at times(Comment:"he's so funny ma!") and my hubby has been read out a few funny posts, due to his aversion to actually reading blogs. Thus your blog is a known name in the Indyana household! And we adore it collectively!Sorry I couldn't write a tribute post!

Anonymous said...

hiya


just registered and put on my todo list


hopefully this is just what im looking for looks like i have a lot to read.