Friday, July 8, 2011

Friday Randomness

Sorry for the blog silence. I'll explain more when I get more time to tell you about what's been going on. It's family business, not in the mafiosa way, just things that many face and we have to deal with, and has been going on for several weeks now.

But, as it's Friday, I thought it would be wise, in the lighthearted Friday mood that most are in, to give you some random spoutings. Here they come:

1. I think I may have a gay body part. It's not my willy though. It's my right hand. It has a tendency to flop and be a bit limp. I blame in on drumming, the Moeller technique specifically, something you wouldn't know about unless you're a drummer too.

2. I'm slowly, not very surely, beating a battle. It's a battle against a smell; that stale one that hangs around in dishwashers, my one in particular. I've tried every solution I can find and feel as though the combination is working. The problem is that I'm not sure what's causing the issue in the first place so don't know if I'm treating symptoms or the illness. Sometimes the symptoms are the most painful thing anyhow. It's like a metaphor.

It's ironic that the sentence "it's like a metaphor" is actually a simile. If that's what irony is.

3. I'm still reading David Blacker's book. My progress is hampered by the fact that it's a real paper book with not the faintest smudge of e ink to be seen anywhere. My god, how do you people exist without Kindles?

4. I've figured out a way of cheating when I play Guess the Music with A and K. It's that game where we flick through the music channels and the first person to name the artist and song correctly gets a point. For many months now the three of us have realised that my forte is when we get to the "old" channels showing 80s and 90s music. When it comes to today's tunes I'm clueless. However, last night I realised that if I lie about the song and artist the girls usually let me have the point as they don't know I'm lying. Keep that quiet though.

5. Loneliness is a fucker sometimes.

6. It's quite easy dealing with life when things are all fine and dandy, it's how you respond when things go the other way that really test a fellow's mettle.

7. New shoes, on me at least, take about a week to get worn in properly. Before that I just look if I'm trying on a pair of shoes that I've never worn before and am testing them for comfort.

That's about it for now, I bid you a grand weekend.

6 comments:

Confab said...

u know what, u've got some new shoes on, so pretty soon everything will be alright - or so Nutini says :)

Rhythmic Diaspora said...

Thanks Confab, you're right. Positive mental attitude and all that! Hope you're good! Are you at THE wedding?

Marc said...

loneliness is the best aphrodesiac ! and yes it is a f*cker !!

Confab said...

Nope. I didn't make it there in time :)

. said...

2) Do you get limeaway in the UK ? its incredible on the dishwasher...the only thing i ever use, its heavy duty stuff, i hear its even used in restaurants. When you're done running the first empty cycle, you have to run a second cycle to ensure its rinsed thoroughly enough...

5) Ditto...especially when you're not particularly alone... yet there's an inexplicable void lurking in the back ground.

Rhythmic Diaspora said...

. I'll check it out, thanks!

yes x