Thursday, March 23, 2006

Don't think of some elephants bathing



You just couldn't help yourself could you!

A couple of weeks ago I was on a training seminar called "Inspirational Leadership". It was presented by a chap called Robin Fielder who is MD of his Company, LDL. One of the topics covered briefly was the power of positive thinking. Robin demonstrated how the subconscious mind cannot deal with negatives. So, if I tell you not to think of a green pig the first thing you will probably think of will be a green pig. I have done rather a lot of research into this and have found that the theory applies with yellow pigs, red ones, blue ones and also even with other animals!

This bit of knowledge is something I have been aware of for a while but have only recently begun to actually put into practice and it is powerful. I am trying to keep my mind positive and I am doing it by thinking of ways I want to behave, not ways in which I don't want to behave.

For example; thinking "I am happy" is infinitely more powerful than thinking "I am not sad". Give it a go.

If you get offered the opportunity to go on anything by Leadership Development I would thoroughly recommend it.

Just don't think of some elephants bathing!

No comments: