Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Things to ponder on



Yesterday I felt very pleased with myself, I had published my first blog, complete with 3 entries. I spent a large part of the day looking at this blog to see if anyone had left any comments, or even viewed the thing. Rather unsurprisingly I got no comments and only one viewing other than myself. It was probably someone who got lost in cyberspace and found themselves stranded with me!

I spend far too much time looking at kottu.org. It is a really excellent Sri Lankan feed type site and contains links to a plentiful supply of blogs written by Sri Lankans and others living in Sri Lanka. Many of the bloggers are guys in their late teens or early twenties, and girls, but I use the term "guys" in the American way. Anyway, most of them talk about their chaotic social lives, their ongoing university experiences, their relationships and general things that happened to me 20 years ago. Except the university bit because I didn't go.

Sometimes I feel old, particularly when I look back and realise it was 14 years ago that me and 2 other guys started the company that we now make a fairly decent living out of. Sometimes I feel young. Like when I look at other people of my age and realise that they are living a much "older" lifestyle than myself.

Last night I was practicing and I mastered a new funky groove on the drums. Music and drumming is a whole new world for me, I find it so, so satisfying to learn something new and then try to master it. It involves immense concentration for me and releases me from so much other day to day crap that we all have to put up with. My new funk band has got its first gig in a couple of weeks time and I am full of excitement over that. We have spent the best part of a year rehearsing and songwriting and, all of a sudden, we are about to hit the local live scene. WOW!!

I like to think of myself as a positive person and I sincerely hope that anyone reading this will get to know a bit about me and what makes me tick. If you recognise me, drop me an email.

Thanks

6 comments:

Pink Icing said...

Good luck with your Blog

Rhythmic Diaspora said...

YESSSSS!!! I've got a comment!

Anonymous said...

When and where is your gig?

Rhythmic Diaspora said...

My gosh - It is on Tuesday 4th April in Bracknell

Sabby said...

Aww your first ever comment!
You have come far since this little post, two years down the line, innit?!
It has gone as far as you needing to moderate your comments.
This is why I love reading blogs from the very beginning!

Rhythmic Diaspora said...

Thanks Sabby, it's always nice to have a new regular in these parts!