Thursday, April 6, 2006

Electra - Help me out please!

Something has been bothering me for a while regarding Electra, someone whose blog I read often.

http://electra.blogsome.com/

She writes well, appears to lead an interesting life and seems intelligent and witty. She also seems to be a fairly well known person amongst the Sri Lankan bloggers.

So what is bothering me?

It is a genuine question. I mean no antagonism nor do I want to create any type of argument, I am genuinely puzzled by this:

Why did you start to blog under a pseudonym?

I am intrigued by this because, although I don't know who you are, I get the impression many people do. Maybe it's just the fact that your blog has reached a far bigger audience than you expected it to. Maybe you envisaged the blog to be less revealing than it has turned out. Maybe you were one of the first SL bloggers and didn't think other people would start doing it too.

Or maybe it's some or all of the above.

I'd love to know the answer but, either way Electra, thanks for your writing. I enjoy it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the valid question, and for the compliments.

i made a long over due post in an attempt to answer your question, so have a peek at my blog when you have a minute.

with anonymity, all one can do is try and hope for the best, especially with the small-town life we live.

here's a question for you. do YOU know me? :) you probably do, and if you dont, there is a moment out there, drifting in the atmosphere, when our paths will cross. somewhere down the line, through someone or the other, the possiblity that we've met or will meet in the future is more than existent.

Rhythmic Diaspora said...

I might know you. Do you know me?

Thanks for your response. It was informative and revealing. I guess I am not used to the "goldfish bowl" society of CMB. Here in London everyone is as anonymous as they want to be.