- Keep positive - I didn't want to be a "moaner". I wanted to talk about good things and not whine about bad things. There are plenty of blogs that exist by attacking and criticising others and I didn't want to take that avenue.
- Be polite - I have tried to treat everyone with respect. The old "treat everyone as you would like to be treated yourself" adage is one that I firmly believe in. (apart from when brothers are involved)
- Stay away from politics - There are some things I can claim to have some knowledge about, but politics is not one of them. There are a few occasions when I have skirted around politics but I have generally steered clear. You political brains will run rings around me anyway.
- Make friends - The old blogosphere is a marvellous place full of interesting and very dull people. I have made many new friends and had many conversations with lots of interesting characters. Nice.
- Listen - As a young salesperson the habit of listening well was drummed into me. "You've got two ears and one mouth, use them in that ration" I was told.
- Publish all comments - I publish every single comment with two types of exception; those that are pure spam and the few occasions when someone has accidentally sent the same comment more than once. Everything else is published. So far.That's it.
So, those are my few rules. Self regulated and I know I have broken just about all of them.
What are yours?