Thursday, February 22, 2007

Oooh - My Head Hurts!

But it was worth it.

A superbly enjoyable time was had in Colombo last night. I was entertained by friends, of the older and newer and the younger types. All sorts actually.

Thanks are due to all of them, the hospitality and kindness can be overwhelming but it warms the cockles of one's soul too. To build relationships with people that I'm sure Grandparents and the like would want me to get to know feels pleasantly deep and a bit on the spiritual side.

That's enough meaningful stuff. The night was a mixture of everything from five star hotels to no star establishments with more characters than a Dickens novel. I think the night was such a late one that I got back here sometime next week. I'll tell you more about it later.

It doesn't get any easier you know. I'm off now to meet a scintillating and sexy lady for a spot of lunch.

Isn't she the lucky one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Curious and curiouser.. who is the lunch date.. she who must be .........?