Thursday, December 24, 2009

A Very Merry Christmas To You




There we were, me and C, watching TV. I know that rhymes but it was coincidence.

In the middle of some documentary about flies or something, which I was paying next to no attention to as I was busily writing a blog post about old age farts, this advert showed up. For obvious reasons it grabbed my attention.

I felt proud, there were butterflies in my stomach and excitement and joy oozed out of me.

Cool.

Sri Lanka, what a great country to come from.

A happy Christmas to you all, whatever your views, whatever your style, whatever you think of me I wish you the best and thank you for reading LLD this year.

I'll be back soon, with the Lankanosphere awards and more of the same. In fact I'll probably be back before the year is fully done.

RD

10 comments:

Black Rose said...

Merry Christmas :)

Black Rose said...

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

:)

*hugs*

Serendib_Isle said...

Same here. Meaning, I too was pleasantly surprised and felt proud when I first saw it. Except, I was alone - No A, B or C with me. ;)

Happy holidays RD, wishing you love, peace and happinest – and a fab year ahead.

Hoot-a-Toot said...

Wish you a very merry Christmas and a Happy new year.

About that ad...I've seen it on Discovery too.
This was supposed to be the original
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT0e3Lw9_lc (which I think is way better) and the campaign was to be called Sri Lanka - Small Miracle. But somebody in higher places with a rather small brain thought the word 'small' in small miracle was well...belittling the country (go figure!)
Wouldn't that have been a wonderful slogan?

Sachi said...

A very merry Christmas to u too .

Anonymous said...

Felt the same whn i saw this. Gorgeous ad. & the sound track's pretty neat too.

Sach said...

Merry Christmas mate! Have a good one!

sittingnut said...

merry christmas!

N said...

Merry Christmas to you to! I say that video minus the previous horrible song is so much better!

Lady divine said...

Compliments of the season to you...:)