Thursday, May 12, 2011

WTF.....

...is it about Sri Lankan ladies and cup cakes these days?

Everywhere I go I'm ambushed by photographs or tales of the latest adventure in cup cake making. By hideously colourful shots of icing in the shape of a random musical instrument, a sporting item or something that vaguely looks like a car.

Or tales of cakes, deadlines and successes or failures? Of "how am I going to make nine hundred cakes in the next five and a half minutes?

Seriously. Why is this? Is the world ending or something?

7 comments:

Jack Point said...

A case of cup wars erupting?

dramaqueen said...

Oh shuddup. You're just jealous. :P

Scrumps said...

I actually made cup cakes last night with my siblings! :S

Rhythmic Diaspora said...

JP - could be!

DQ - Yes, you never make anything for me.

Scrumps - Did you chop up your siblings or put them in a mixer?

Charlene said...

It's a fad in the US too.

I think people can afford a cupcake where a whole cake is a bit much, so they buy a cupcake and create a market.

. said...

are these on other blogs ? as in lankan ones ? please give links !!!...would love to check em out !!! your blog is usually my gateway into the lankan blog world. maya`

Rhythmic Diaspora said...

Maya - mostly on Facebook actually, it wouldn't be right for me to say names but you may already be friends with some of them.