Friday, June 10, 2011

Colombo Stories.

I heard this story the other day and thought of you. I'm not allowed to name names and place places but I can give you the gen. gist of things.

So, there's one of these clubs in Colombo, a nameless one, though it's not actually nameless, just that I can't go revealing it like an arse. And, at a committee meeting the other day, there was a murmur of discontent, a little rumble if you like. While I'm here I must mention this. Every time I write or read the word "committee" I'm surprised at the number of pairs of double letters in it. Three sets of them in such a short word, I wonder if it's a record of some sort.

Anyhow, I digress. There was a rumble of discontent and it was centred around the suspicion that the aforenotmentioned club might be selling watered down drinks.

The reason for the allegations?

There's a group of four or five oldish men (you know the sort) who drink at this place every Tuesday evening and on Thursdays the same group drink at a place in Mount.

Recently they've realised, that whereas it takes six shots for them to get pissed at the aforenotmentioned club on a Tuesday, they only need four shots each to achieve the same at Mount on a Thursday.

It's more or less a scientifically proven conclusion.

It made me chuckle. Keep it quiet though.

1 comment:

Magerata said...

Thank you for sharing, with that heat you get drunk with water!