Friday, May 5, 2006

It's getting fucking annoying now.

After a few hours of work yesterday I had to go home. I think that the combination of artificial light and lots of emails took their toll on my eyes. Just my luck that the one day when I could have done with a typically British dull and grey sky turned out to be the hottest day of the year so far, more significantly for me, probably the brightest. Deep joy.

Indoors with some natural subdued lighting my eyes calmed down and the vision cleared nicely, but at the moment glare seems to be the biggest factor in my visual discomfort. I also have a contact lens in my left eye, which comes out tomorrow. The lens that is, not the eye. I think that the eye will feel much better after tomorrow.

The great thing is that, through the mist and blur, I get small glimpses of the clear vision that I am convinced I will have. It is as if I have good vision but I am looking through a net curtain. Occasionally I get a glimpse through the curtain or through a gap and all looks good. The most important thng is that my sight is improving all the time.

That's my latest. Sorry for the rather self absorbed post but I thought there may be one or two interested people.

I just want it all to hurry up now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i hope you get better soon.... yes the day was hot and as usual the tubes failed miserably... the railway tracks ahd expanded for the heat so there were delays..... wear sunnies they will protect your eyes