My favourite fruits in reverse order are:
5. Orange - But why is it the only fruit called by its colour? Or is that the only colour called after a fruit? Intriguing.
4. Papaya - A smidgeon of lime and it tastes fine. And it rhymes.
3. Water Melon - Although I never know exactly what to do with the seeds.
2. Mango - Not too stringy please. As a child they were a rare treat but now they are so common that we get them free inside packets of cheese and onion crisps.
1. Rambutan - Number 1 by far
Easy to open, easy to eat and delicious too. No mess, which is a big downside of mangoes for me. I still don't get it with the dodgy bit that is just near the seed, I always end up chewing it for a while and then giving up. The flesh is so similar yet so much better than a lychee. I remember spending 2 days in Yala several years ago and my friend A and I spent hours driving around eating from a big bag of Rambutans that we had bought on the way. We never saw much on that trip apart from a few elephants. I hardly ever see them in the UK, maybe that's one reason I like them so much. I mean Rambutans, not elephants. Although I don't see that many elephants in Richmond Park either.