Thursday, April 5, 2007

Superfuckingmassive!!

I had to share this.

It's one of those glorious spring London days. The sky's blue, the temperature's not warm yet but we just know it will be and the atmosphere is one of good things to come.

As I drove into work this morning I felt excitement. It was a momentous journey. The match last night was heartstopping wasn't it? I won some money after betting on Sri Lanka against Gaz, my business partner. You can guarantee that he'll always bet on England, whatever the odds, whatever the match, whatever the sport. He's like that, but useful in a fight.

There was only ever going to be one song to listen to this morning. When I am playing the drums I often get to an "in my place" feeling. One in which I'm totally absorbed by the music, the feel of it and the joy in the sheer act of playing. It doesn't matter if it's an audience of five hundred or none, that feeling can just be there.

And it was. The music was so loud that I almost couldn't hear it, but I could sense it. The bass and drums were vibrating through my chest and I was lost in it. I was also driving through Hounslow, which I wasn't lost in. A good thing as that can be dangerous.

Optimism, freedom and Colombo were on my mind.

What do you reckon the song was?

If you know the answer you just might win the best prize ever!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It couldn't possibly be Freddie Mercury and bunch doing that Champions song, now could it?

Rhythmic Diaspora said...

Java - Fortunately you're totally wrong!

Anonymous said...

trying for the third time to post comment-hope I am lucky.
was it... christopher Cross
"run like the wind"?

Anonymous said...

Song 2, by Blur?

Rhythmic Diaspora said...

Naz - No, but I might just let you have a prize anyway!

Damon, no.

Anonymous said...

Fix you, ColdPlay :)...naa I'm kidding..something by Muse?

Anonymous said...

Laupers "girls just want to have fun" ????