Thursday, June 11, 2009

Photo Of The Moment


















I know you've probably seen this before, from a few days ago, but I'm very pleased with it.

There we were, me and C, strolling around Paris last Saturday. Five minutes before stumbling upon this scene we'd had our encounter with Barack Obama. We crossed a bridge and strolled through the crowds almost missing this bride and groom as they sat in a world of their own.

Tourists, locals, cars and other vehicles were all around as these two perched on their stone throne. Some passers by looked at the scenery, some looked at the Eiffel Tower in the distance and some ignored it all and carried on with their journey.

I knew that it was potentially a once in a lifetime photo opportunity. The couple looked as though they didn't have a care in the world and I could see no logical explanation for them being there. There was no bunch of wedding guests in the background nor a wedding photographer doing his thing. They just sat there chatting and looking blissful, the bride wearing her new husband's jacket over her wedding dress to keep warm.

I grabbed a few photographs. I got some with the Eiffel Tower in the background but, without an ND filter, the sky was too burnt out.

This picture is the best of the lot. Even if I say it myself, it's good.

It somehow encapsulates Paris for me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loser photos are loser photos RD. Don't be silly !
So who is "C" ? Just curious since i don't know much.

Makuluwo said...

Lovely capture, one for the books.

TSC said...

Yes, lovely pic, I loved it the moment I saw it =)

Dishilicious said...

Beautiful!

Aamina said...

Great shot.....!