Friday, March 9, 2007

Just For You Mr Anon

Your comment has intrigued me and I decided to answer by means of a post, a short one, but a post nevertheless.

So here are the things I am discovering these days. I shan't explain them as I'll be interested to see how people will interpret them:

  1. Belief is a wonderful thing. It can appear out of nowhere, like one of those magician's rabbits. There are things I believed at 18 that I didn't believe in at 35, that I do believe in now.
  2. Gut feelings, first impresssions, split second decisions, whatever you call them, can be very good and accurate. Go with them. Trust your instincts. You're usually right.
  3. To disagree can be healthy and positive.
  4. Grey can be good. It doesn't always have to be black or white.
  5. Lots of stuff on energy.
  6. Good friends don't always tell you what you want to hear.
  7. When I think of Colombo I smile.
  8. Anything's possible if you want to make it happen.

Mr Anon - What are you discovering these days?

9 comments:

Indyana said...

Ah nice list! i'd say 1,2,3,4,AND 7 would be on my list if I had one.

Anonymous said...

WTF? Leave me out of this.

Darwin said...

I was wondering who mr anon was 'till I went through your previous post and saw the question. Makes sense now!

Anyhoo, 3,4 and 6 strike a chord.

Anonymous said...

dear anon - i believe the post was for me, not for you!

I think i am more REdisovering at the moment:
1. that dreams dont die, just lie dormant
2.that amazing surprises are around so many corners
3. that the beginning and middle and end of life is just about love. how much you give, and how much you receive.
4.that you cant judge anyone until you have walked in their shoes. and even then judging them is wholly unecessary
5. that when virgina woolf said to her husband "if i had to choose between Richmond and death, i choose death" whilst being very funny, reminds me she was a literary genius but a total lunatic, and that Richmond is a rather nice place.

Rhythmic Diaspora said...

Indyana - Thanks, the Colombo thing is particularly strong for me. Can't figure out exactly why, but I'm not sure that I want to!

Anonymous - errm ok then.

Darwin - I probably should have explained the reference to Mr Anon a bit better, it was perfectly clear in my head though!

Anonymous - You're so right! It's funny what you've said about Richmond as it's my home town, probably the one town I know best in the world. But, when I think of Richmond I also think of Colombo, although they have many difference they seem to have lots of similarities too.

Anonymous said...

what are the similarities , what are the differences?

Rhythmic Diaspora said...

Biggest similarity - They're both towns that have lots of facets, one can discover new things in each of them all the time.

Biggest difference - Colombo is far more spiritual than Richmond. Deeper and less cynical.

Anonymous said...

I'm liking 1, need to work on 2, agree with 3 and 4 (grey is really the only colour), 6 is true and a good test of good friends, 7 no comment and 8...I'm really hoping thats true.

I coulda sworn I left a comment on ur last post...did I?

Rhythmic Diaspora said...

Hey N -Thanks, I don't think you left a comment, I definitely haven't rejected any but it's very possible that you were defeated by the word verification thingy, Java struggles with it big time!