Thursday, June 5, 2008

Un, Dur, Twois, Cat, Sank, Sees - - -

I got tagged by Darwin in the 7 tag thing. It's a tag I value and treasure, as you may know. Then, after my dramatic shall I buy one of those boats that Dinidu's got and put all of you except Darwin in it post I got a couple of "sympathy" tags, one from Sach and one from The Missing S, if she'll allow me to call her by that familiar term rather than the whole Sandwich.

You know the rules by now, so I'm tempted to rebel, to push against the norm and to strike a blow for freedom. It's only a temptation though, so I'll bung the rules out below, just to stick to the rules.

You must:

Link the tagger and list these rules.

Share 7 facts about yourself. Some random and some weird.

Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.

Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Here I go then. The 7 facts about me are:

1. Right now my hair is going through a totally motherfucking crazy phase.

Sharon (my hairdresser) and I came up with a plan to grow it out a bit and give it more texture. She only gave it a light trim last time, told me to grow it a bit, come back in about 4 weeks to have it trimmed and all would be good. She neglected to mention that she'd be away for about a week so, when I rang to book the appointment, I was told that she's away until next Sat 14th.
I dare not go to another hairdresser, that isn't an option. So long and wild hair, a bit like one of those devil dancing fellows, is the order of the day.

2. What if it's all a game?

About 15 years ago I used to play a very early version of Sim City, that simulation game where you build cities. The smarter of you may have guessed that from the title of the game. I lost interest in it and now I can't remember how to play it at all. But one thing from it does stick in my mind. I recollect once, while playing it, a newspaper article popped up in my city's daily paper. It proclaimed that scientists had discovered that the city did not actually exist, that it was actually a simulation played on someone's computer for amusement. This amused me and made me think. What if we don't exist? What if our world, our country or our city is just a fantasy played out on God's computer? What if the millions and millions of years of evolution are merely 5 minutes in God's lunchbreak? What kind of sandwiches does God have for lunch? Who makes them?

3. I wear many hats.

Metaphorical ones that is. Yet the only one that fits me with total comfort, that feels like a soft silk sarong, is that of a drummer. I'm no master of the art by any means, I just love to do it. I lose myself when I'm playing and it gives me a type of enjoyment that is unique in my life. I also hold a strange belief that many Sri Lankans have an innate sense of rhythm, that it's in the blood somehow.

4. Feet matter to me.

When checking out a member of the opposite sex feet are vitally important to me. Toes, the top bit and the padded bottom bit must all look good to get the Rhythmic D stamp of approval. That Warrior Bee woman has lovely feet I must admit, as has a certain blogging Sansoni, not the photographer one!

5. I don't like dogs.

I don't mean they repulse me or that I've started an internet campaign to have them banned throughout the world, just that I'm indifferent about them. I can stroke the odd one, I can give it a friendly pat and chuck a ball for it to fetch, but I'm no dog person. I'm not really a pet person at all actually. The only pets I like are drum or elephant shaped ones.

6. There are so many countries in the world but....

If someone said to me that I would never be able to visit any of them except Sri Lanka, I'd be quite happy with that. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing though!

7. My first car

Was an orange Beetle, registration HRY 113L. My Dad bought it for me when I was about 19 and I look back on it with huge fondness. It was a 1300L, so had the acceleration of a fully laden Sri Lankan bus on its way from Kandy to Nuwara Eliya. I drove it for about 2 years without any problems. I sold it and bought an MGB Roadster, PGN 131P. They were cars with character.

That's it then.

I choose to tag some unlikely candidates. Waking the dead, so to speak, and a few who are very alive:

1. S. She of Hot Chocolate fame. I don't know what happened. She returned, then she went. It was one of my favourite blogs and I'd be one of many who would love to see a new post, even a random 7 one.

2. Childof25. We all know that Tiny Little Fractures is lying dormant, like one of those ghost ships in a Star Trek episode. But N lurks out there, commenting occasionally and posting on his photography blog. So come on, just a 7!

3. Lady Luck. Where are you, come back and write stuff.

4. Voice In Colombo. I know he's been busy having kids and things, but I miss him.

5. Nelly Furtado. Amila Furtado. Amila Delgado. Salgado, yes, that's it. Amila Salgado, the birdman.

6. Bea.

7. The Unbound Urchin. Does he only blog about deep and serious things? We'll see.

There, I'm done now.

No comments: