Monday, November 17, 2008

Maybe Obama's Not All That

On the radio the other I heard a newsy piece saying that Obama was considering moving his, and I have to breathe deeply before I say it, Mother in Law into the White House.

I was one of the millions who had such high hopes, such feelings of optimism and excitement, but this has made me reconsider. My experience of mothers and mothers in law is quite vast, though I'm pleased to say none of the mothers in law have been vast.

And I mean no disrespect to the average mother in law. My last one was quite nice, in that scary way.

Can you imagine it? The President of the free world and all that, arguing with his Mother in Law over Cuba or whether he should invade Australia or another place that can't run itself?

Or getting in trouble with the old bird because he forgot to tell her that he wasn't going to be in for dinner that night.

The White House will suddenly become one of those places where you have to take your shoes off at the front door.

It's a recipe for disaster. Don't do it Mr Obama, we warned you.

6 comments:

santhoshi said...

hahahha good laugh for a boring monday afternoon....

Anonymous said...

Oh dear ...really? And to think of the hopes I had in that man!Tch!

Sach said...

Jeez... the free world is going to be run by a woman after all!

Amila Salgado said...

Big momma's House 3.

Anonymous said...

Depends on the Mom in law, as RD said, could be a brilliant one too! My Mom in law to be, whom I tower over, almost twice her height, already commandeers me! even academically!! (She is a prominent physicist). But she is on my side already, when it comes to family matters!
Hope Bama Mama is like that!

Unknown said...

he he... mother in law... finally change had come... bythe way check out my post about him on http://tycooning101.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/obama_magazine_covers_2008.jpg