Thursday, November 13, 2008

Some Things I Don't Get...

1. The Fountain Cafe Hot Dog.

So many people rave about them, but they just taste like average hot dogs, with that peculiar bright yellow looking sauce and a sausage that looks and tastes as if it's got less meat content than the average string hopper.

2. Mercedes'

Some of the newer models look better but, by and large, they're old man's cars to me. Good, but not my thang.

3. Coldplay

They've written a handful of good songs, then rewritten them and remixed them, given them new names and made millions in the process. Good luck to them with their sad and melancholy sounding nuggets of musical mayhem.

4. I Just Called To Say I love You

And Lady In Red and Wonderful Tonight.

They may be packed to the rafters with meaningful and romantic lyrics. But they're crap songs. If I ever become President or Prime Minister of a country the first thing I'll do is to ban these from being played. Ever.

5. Janice.

Well I think I do get her, but had to mention the subject. I was watching an episode of Friends the other night. It was the one in which Joey's Dad stays with him for a few days, there's an ongoing battle between the six of them to try to see each other naked and Chandler double dates with Joey but his date turns out to be Janice, who he's dumped twice in the last three months.

Janice has got to be one of the best supporting / cameo roles ever hasn't she? She's the acting equivalent of fingernails down a blackboard with the addictiveness of nicotine thrown in to get us hooked.

17 comments:

Sabby said...

OH *Dramatic Pause* MY *Another Dramatic Pause* GOD!

A Friend's fan. I heart you! =)

Anonymous said...

coldplay...yeah they should do everyone a favour and retire...or jump off a cliff...

Anonymous said...

They have ruined the fountain cafe hotdog ever since they shut down fountain cafe and started selling everywhere. Its just a bastardised version of what it used to be when it cost just 15 bucks...They have screwed up the recipe for the sauce which was was made it good. Wouldnt have minded paying even 50 bucks for it then.

Anonymous said...

An SLR Mclaren certainly doesn't look like no old man's wagon to me.
:D

Rhythmic Diaspora said...

Sabby - Oh yes, a big fan here.

Jerry, that's true. Coincidentally I drove past one yesterday. It's the first time I've seen one in real life. Stunning, it literally took my breath away.

ViceUnVersa said...

Ele' House Dogs - Oi they are the best. Acquired taste mate, but I agree the size of the sausage over the years has decreased :). Not my sausage, the Ele' House ones.
Merc - hmmph...

PS: Good morning, knowing you, you must be probably at work already!

Rhythmic Diaspora said...

DD - Good morning to you too, yes I'm here already!

Next time in SL I'll persevere with the hot dogs but I fear it will not change my mind.

Hmmm - you drive a Merc don't you!!

Gutterflower said...

Sir.

Is it just me or is your sexy tag storm blocking your posts?

Single in My Mind said...

Oh i remember the fountain cafe hotdog. I used to go to sirimavo and i remember twice i turned around and went back for another..... and i dont think i have ever tasted one better not even here in London. but then again it might just be that i have lost a few taste buds over the years....

Rhythmic Diaspora said...

Ms G Flower - I'm not sure what you mean. All looks ok to me and I thought I'd sorted out the previous problems. Any further explanation would be most welcome.

Gutterflower said...

Weell... Part of your posts are sort of buried under the tag cloud. Not quite sure how else to explain it.

I could send you a screen shot if you like, just to clear things out.

Rhythmic Diaspora said...

Ok, is that better now GF? I've narrowed the cloud, but can't figure out why it's doing that for you, on my screen the cloud kind of cuts off at the side anyhow.

Gutterflower said...

Its still partially covering the edge of the posts, but its a whole lot better now.

Maybe the problems just on firefox.

Rhythmic Diaspora said...

GF - I think it must be to do with your settings I'm afraid. I use Firefox at home and it looks ok there. If anyone else has the same prob please let me know though. I can't really make the cloud any narrower here without making it virtually disappear GF. Sorry x

T said...

when i click on a tag in ur cloud it doesnt give me that set of posts. is it working for everyone else and just not me?

Rhythmic Diaspora said...

T - it's doing that for me too. Bollocks, it was all fine until Gutterflower's complaint, hopefully it will recover on its own accord.

Gutterflower said...

Thanks RD. Its working perfectly for me now. There's nothing being covered any more and the set of posts appear for each tag.

Your cloud evidently seems to have a mind of its own. :)