Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Photo Of The Moment



By Yanik Tissera

I don't really know Mr Tissera but I've been admiring his photography for some time. He has a way of using the light in his pictures that is different and frequently striking.

If you know a bit about photography you might be aware of the rule of thirds. As in any subject, knowing when to throw the rule book out of the window can often be the key to creating a memorable picture and that's what Yanik's done here. It's the perfect symmetry that hits the viewer bang smack between the eyes.

Rules, schmules. The fact is that this photograph gives me that butterfly feeling when I look at it.

Class.

And he plays the drums too.

4 comments:

NAVAL LANGA said...

I have read some of your posts. I would like to revisit your blog, as your writing has interested me.

If you like short stories and paintings, then a short visit to my blogs would be an entertaining one.

Naval Langa

Rhythmic Diaspora said...

Dear Mr Langa,

thanks, but I bet that's exactly what you say to all the bloggers.

Navinda said...

RD, you might notice that Yanik didn't completely throw out the rule (of thirds) book out the window if you look at the ratio in which the horizon line dissects the frame...

:-)

Rhythmic Diaspora said...

Navinda - Yes, you're totally right. I nearly added that but thought that it would make for too much of an essay. I think that may be what makes the picture, the rule of thirds applying to the horizon and the buildings but beign thrown out for the rest of the composition.