Thursday, November 30, 2006

The Movie Quiz

I was tagged by Electra (damn I'm having fun with this linking thing!!) and I have to post my answers to the movie quiz. Here we go. I'm not a film buff and I think you may just guess that from my answers:

1. Popcorn or Candy - Salted Popcorn

2. Name a movie you've been meaning to see forever - The Usual Suspects.

3. You are given the power to recall one Oscar: who loses theirs and to whom - Michael Douglas loses his for Wall Street and Ben Kingsley gets one for Sexy Beast.

4. Steal one costume from a movie for your wardrobe. Which will it be? - John Travolta's white suit from Sat Night Fever.

5. Invite 5 movie people over for dinner, who are they? What would you feed them? - Jennifer Aniston, I think you know why! Peter Sellers, I think he would have been funny and fascinating. Barbara Windsor, a living legend who I'd love to meet. Phil Silvers (Sgt Bilko) - not known for it but he did act in a few films too and one of my all time heroes. Stephen Fry, not strictly a movie person but always seems fascinatingly funny.

I'd cook them a rice and curry as it's the only thing I can cook almost well!

6. Your favourite film franchise is: James Bond

7. What is the appropriate punishment for people who answer cell phones in the movie theatre? - An interesting one as here in England they'd probably get thrown out anyway, which is fine by me.

8. Choose a female bodyguard - Uma Thurman. No doubt, no hesitation.

9. What's the scariest thing you've ever seen in a movie? - I can't think of one scary thing that stands out in my mind. One of the most memorable is the ending of The Italian Job. I still puzzle over what the "great idea" was.

10. Your favourite genre (excluding comedy and drama) - God knows, it would have been comedy. I'll pick car films, if the genre exists.

11. You are given the power to greenlight movies at a major studio for one year. How do you wield this power? - An easy one. I would spend the year giving the go ahead to the corniest films I see. Ones like Top Gun and Under Siege. Sheer class. Don't tell me that the scene in Top Gun when Maverick walks through the throng of people on the aircraft carrier and Ice tells him he can be his wingman any time doesn't make you very emotional. Or when Erika Eleniak pops out of the cake, acting doesn't get much better than that and needs to be encouraged.

12. Bonnie or Clyde - Haven't the faintest idea which is which. I'll choose Clyde as that was the name of one of James Brown's drummers.

Those are my answers. I'll tag Naz and Darwin.

2 comments:

Arun said...

hey man, nice choices- I especially love the choice to greenlight more Top Gun-style films. The world could only benefit from more high-quality cheese like that.

hate to be a cunt but the Oscar thing was kinda meant to be within the limits of who was nominated in that particular year. For instance, taking away Michael Douglas's Oscar for Wall Street and giving it to Jack Nicholson for Ironweed. Would be interested to see who you'd pick given the restraints..

Rhythmic Diaspora said...

Ok then Arun. I hadn't realised you meant the same year. After some deliberation I have decided that I'd take away last year's best actress award from Reese Witherspoon for Walk the Line and give it to Keira Knightley instead for Pride and Prejudice. Nothing against old Reese, just that Keira is a local girl and went to the school that one of my girls goes to and the other one did go to.